Welcome to Martock Church of England VA Primary School
My name is Liz Wilson-Chalon and I am the Head Teacher of Martock Primary School. In December 2013, three weeks before the end of term, OFSTED visited our school and confirmed that we are now a ‘good’ school (with aspects of outstanding practice). I was so thrilled, and proud, to receive this acknowledgement of all the work and effort that the staff, governors and children have put in to our school. Please click here for a direct link to our full OFSTED report.
Martock Primary School is an exciting place to work and an exciting place to learn. Our children come to school each day ready to be engaged and interested by the lessons and wide range of activities on offer. We have high expectations and great ambition for all our children and the progress the children make, and their achievements year on year, are continuing to improve.
We are extremely proud to provide a varied, interesting and inclusive curriculum that allows children to develop as individuals and follow their own interests and passions. We have regular chances for them to do gardening, cookery, creative arts, singing, drama and exploring the local environment. On top of this the teachers and teaching assistants work incredibly hard to make sure each child progresses in the key skills of reading, writing and numeracy.
Our revised Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Policy and School Offer can be found in the School Policies and Documents section of this website. This information is compliant with the SEND Code of Practice issued September 2014 by the Department of Education.
You will find our school a happy, vibrant and welcoming environment for children and their families and there are plenty of opportunities for young and old to be part of our school community. We have an ‘open door’ policy and all our staff are always happy to talk to parents and carers about any concerns or questions they may have.
If you wish to make an appointment to visit the school please do this via the school office (01935 823486) or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mrs E.A. Wilson-Chalon MEd
Ethos & Values
- That each child is nurtured in a secure and caring Christian environment and develops confidence and self-esteem.
- That each child receives an excellent education, develops their skills and understanding, and fulfils their potential.
- That each child develops a positive attitude towards learning and fully and happily engages in the curriculum.
- That the school contributes to each child's happy, secure, interesting, exciting, valuable and memorable childhood.
- That each child develops knowledge, empathy and understanding that will enable them, as future adults, to make the world a better place and to enjoy fulfilling and positive lives.
Department of Education performance tables: http://www.education.gov.uk/cgi-bin/schools/performance/school.pl?urn=123856&superview=pri